Monday 12 August 2019

Remember this? - Sydney Newspaper coverage of the moon landing (1969)

As a teacher librarian, I have created a display to mark fifty years since the Apollo 11 mission to the moon.

Apart from promoting books relating to space travel and astronomy, I have been sharing newspaper front pages from the mission to show students how Sydney's newspapers covered each day of the mission.

This week, I am going to share some newspaper front pages from this occasion which I have shared with the students.

Below are the front pages of the evening newspapers - The Daily Mirror and The Sun from July 21 1969.





Below are the front pages of the morning newspapers - The Australian, The Daily Telegraph and The Sydney Morning Herald from July 22 1969.





Update on proposed Westfield Miranda Series: I will have to defer this a little longer, but hopefully before the year is out. The material is great but have been short on time to collate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment